Blue Cheese Picnic Quiches
Preperation Time: 25 mins, Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 175g plain flour
- 100g butter, diced
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 100g asparagus tips, cut into 3’s
- 150ml double cream2 medium eggs plus 1 medium egg yolk
- 100ml Mary Berry’s Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 50g Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 tsp red bell pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- For the pastry, place the flour and butter in a food processor and blitz until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and 2-3 tbsp water and pulse to form a soft dough. Knead lightly, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Divide the pastry into 6 and use to line 6 x 10cm deep fluted tins. Line with foil and baking beans and bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and cool.
- Whisk together the cream, eggs, egg yolk and blue cheese dressing in a large jug, season. Place the asparagus and spring onions in the pastry cases followed by the cheese. Pour over the sauce, sprinkle with pepper flakes and bake for 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tins.
Try using Cheddar instead of Gruyere and a leek instead of the asparagus.
Recipe Hints and Tips
BBQ Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip - Toss chicken wings in BBQ sauce, a squeeze of honey and some olive oil and roast at 200c, gas mark 6 for about 30-35 minutes until sticky and cooked throughout. Brush with more BBQ glaze and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with blue cheese dressing as a dip.
Blue Cheese Burgers - Grill or griddle burgers until cooked throughout and serve in toasted brioche buns with some lettuce and sliced red pepper. Top with fried onions and drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Serve with fries.
Steak and caramelized red onion crostini- Fry some steak and then thinly slice. Fry some red onions in a little sugar until soft and caramelized. Toast some French stick then layer up with the steak, red onions and a drizzle of Mary Berry’s Blue Cheese dressing.
Go to product >