Balsamic glaze mushroom galette decorated with a pastry crown and drizzled with Mary Berry’s Light Salad Dressing
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Makes: 6-8 servings
- 250g mushrooms cleaned and roughly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 150g grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 tbsp Mary Berry’s Light Salad Dressing, plus extra for serving.
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze (optional)
- 2 sheets ready to roll puff pastry.
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. Cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft and darkened. Stir in the Mary Berry’s Light Salad Dressing and season with salt and pepper, gently mix. Sizzle with some balsamic glaze over and set aside.
- Unroll the pastry and score a ½ inch border around the sheet. Pile the grated cheese followed by the mushrooms into the centre. Cut out a crown shape from the second puff pastry roll. Carefully place the puff pastry crown on the top of the tart.
- Brush the edges and the crown with the milk and sprinkle with some fresh thyme. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Serve warm, drizzled with some extra Mary Berry’s Light Salad Dressing and a side salad.
Go to product >